About Leatherleaf Coffeeberry
- Plant Family: Rhamnaceae
- Plant Type: Shrub
- Height by Width: 6-8' H x 6-8' W
- Growth Habit: Shrub
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to shade
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Drought-tolerant to occasional
- Cold Hardy to: 15 F
- Flower Season: Spring/Summer
- Flower Color: White with dark red/purple berries
- Endangered?: Not listed
- Distribution: Selected for the garden. True species found from Western California to southwestern Oregon.
- Natural Habitat: Coffeeberry is found in a wide variety of settings and habitats across the state, including coastal strand, foothill woodland slopes, sage scrub flats, chaparral, evergreen forest in mountain areas, rocky outcrops, sandy areas, stream banks, pinyon-juniper woodland in desert transition, and creosote bush scrub in high desert.
All sales are currently for local pickup at the Garden only.