About Hummingbird Sage
- Plant Family: Lamiaceae
- Plant Type: Perennial
- Height by Width: 1-2' H, spreading by rhizomes
- Growth Habit: Clumping, spreading
- Deciduous/Evergreen: Semi-evergreen, can go dormant during dry periods
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to full shade
- Soil Preference: Adaptable
- Water Requirements: Drought-tolerant to occasional
- Cold Hardy to: 20 degrees F
- Flower Season: Spring/Summer
- Flower Color: Magenta
- Endangered?: Not listed
- Distribution: Found in southern and central California in the coast ranges from the Sacramento Valley south to coastal Orange county.
- Natural Habitat: Oak Woodland, chaparral, and coastal sage scrub. Found in both open and shady places from sea level to 2,400'.
All sales are currently for local pickup at the Garden only.